New Papervision3D Components!
Finally! After waiting for a couple of months, I’m able to release the new Flash CS3 Papervision3D Components! There’s a lot to cover, but to get things started, let’s look at the features:
- Design-time render and editing in Flash IDE
- 3 Material types supported – BitmapFileMaterial, BitmaAssetMaterial and MovieAssetMaterial
- Creates MovieScene3D and Free or Target camera
- Manages resizing / centering of Papervision3D scene [optional]
- Dynamic masking to constrain the viewable render area to the bounds of the component [optional]
- Full API and access to Scene, Camera, Collada objects to code around
- Automatically loads materials via Collada file [when materials list is not given]
- New Custom Panel for modifying rotation, camera zoom, camera focus, camera Z at design-time
Requirements: Flash CS3 (9)
Ready to get started?
Download it here
You’ll needs some docs with that sauce:
Wanna see it in real world action? I used it for the slide presentations at the class this last weekend at RMI.
Here are the demo files and the project for the Jedi Training Sphere slide show
NOTE: You must replace the component in all of the FLA’s – I didn’t go back and do this because of time😉 Just drag a fresh copy on to the stage, say “yes” to the overwrite in the library, and you’ll be good to go. Otherwise, you’ll see an error about JSFL.
Or get them separately:
And of course, you can find all of that stuff out on Google code:
Papervision3D google home
Check out the video, this will get you going fast:
[ new settings panel: To get started, select a local directory. Then, select the COLLADA file you want to render ]
[ new Model panel: dynamically change the scale of the model using either the text box or slider. Then, rotate the scene with the sphere on the right ]