I’m glad I got a chance to get this out before the move to Texas – the performance increase in the engine and the new InteractiveScene3D / materials stuff is a great addition to the component.
I also added a new “tools” panel to the UI where you can generate quick code for either pasting right into the timeline or creating a new class document. The code is copied right to your systems Clipboard. I also made it easier for you to add your own custom templates for use. The only thing you need to do, is add them to the commands/papervision3d/templates folder as “.as” files and the UI will load all files in that directory next time you reopen the panel.
IE:C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Flash CS3\en\Configuration\Commands\Papervision3d\templates
I would suggest creating your own versions and not altering the ones that I put in there. Point being that they may be overwritten in future revisions of the component.
Papervision3D Component v1.5 update notes
* . New 1.5 Papervision3D engine – 40%+ faster than previous version
* . InteractiveScene3D is now default scene type
* . Interactive materials are now enabled via a new “interactive” boolean flag
* . Preloader events for collada preload
* . Error handler events for collada load errors
* . Auto-code generation – create new Class or code for timeline use
* . Create your own custom code templates
* . Scene Rotation option added to component – makes for quick mouse rotation of a collada scene
* . DisplayObject3D mouse events with Interactive materials being used
NOTE: I’ve updated the MXP with the fix, but if you already downloaded 1.5, you can just grab this update:
And check out the updated docs